FaceBook page Twitter link Instagram Flicker

International Travelers

Business Hours

Generally, business offices are open weekdays from 9am to 5pm and government offices are open from 8am until 4:30 or 5pm. Stores are open 6 days a week, with many also open on Sunday; department stores usually stay open until 9pm at least 1 day a week. Discount stores and supermarkets are often open later than other stores, and some supermarkets are open 24 hours a day. Banks are usually open weekdays from 9am to 5pm, occasionally a bit later on Friday, and sometimes on Saturday, with earlier closing times. There is 24-hour access to automated teller machines (ATMs) at most banks, plus in many shopping centers and other outlets.


The electricity used in the United States is standard electricity, which is 110 volts. European appliances brought here will require a voltage transformer.


Tipping is voluntary; gratuities generally are not automatically added to the bill. Here are a few tipping guidelines:

Waiters are usually given 15%-20% of the bill.

Taxi drivers usually receive 15%-20% of the fare. 

Doormen, skycaps and porters are usually tipped $1-2 per bag.

Need help calculating currency? Visit the Universal Currency Converter, a useful tool before you leave, or when you arrive.

Time Zone

Anaheim, California (CA) is located in the Pacific Daylight Time zone (PDT). Click here for time zone information.

Visa Information

After identifying that a visa is needed, foreign travelers should contact the U.S. Embassy Consular Section in their country to determine visa processing timeframes. Look for posted timeframes on the Internet or call the Consular Section to hear recorded information about visa processing timeframes. For up-to-date information, access the DOS Web site.

The Academy recommends the following guidelines for obtaining a visa for entry into the United States:

  • Apply early! The visa application process takes three to four months to complete. Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of visa application. If completion of travel plans is contingent upon early approval of the visa application, specify this at the time of the application.


  • Provide letter of invitation. See information on invitation letters below.
  • Once you have completed your registration online, you will be automatically emailed an invitation letter. If you are unable to obtain a visa to attend AudiologyNOW! you may request a full refund of your registration fees.
  • Send requests to us.
  • Provide evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence; applicants should provide proof of "binding," or sufficient, ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. This may include documentation of:
    • Family ties in home country or country of legal permanent residence
    • Property ownership
    • Bank accounts
    • An employment contract or statement from an employer stating that the position continues after the meeting.

To get the most detailed information on traveling to the United States from your country, please visit the US Department of State International Travel section

Non-U.S. residents may need a visa to enter the United States for AudiologyNOW!. If you already have a U.S. visa, check the expiration date to ensure your visa will not expire before or during your planned travel dates. Citizens of countries meeting the visa waiver criteria do not need a visa to enter the United States. If you have further questions about visas you may check the US Department of State Visa section.

The below countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP):









New Zealand




South Korea, Republic of




The Netherlands

United Kingdom






Czech Republic










San Marino 



As of Sept. 30, 2004, all foreign visitors (including VWP travelers) will be fingerprinted and photographed upon arrival in the United States.

Effective January 20, 2010, the Department of Homeland Security is enforcing the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) requirement for VWP travelers. Eligible citizens or nationals from all Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries must obtain approval through ESTA and an electronic passport prior to traveling to the United States. VWP travelers who have not obtained approval through ESTA should expect to be denied boarding on any air carrier bound for the United States. Effective September 8, 2010, all ESTA registration applications or renewals on or after that date will require a $14.00 fee. Visitors are required to register online before travel under the ESTA. For more information regarding ESTA, or to apply for authorization to travel to the United States, visit the ESTA website.

All VWP travelers, regardless of age or type of passport used, must present a machine-readable passport. As of Oct. 26, 2006, any passport issued on or after this date by a VWP country must be an e-Passport, which includes an integrated computer chip capable of storing biographic information from the data page and the digital photograph of the holder, to be eligible to enter the U.S. without a visa. Older, but still valid passports issued by VWP countries between Oct. 26, 2005 and Oct. 25, 2006, must include a digital photo printed on the data page or the traveler will be required to obtain a visa. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is enforcing this policy to the fullest extent. In addition, depending on when VWP travelers’ passports were issued, other passport requirements will apply. Visit the Department of Homeland Security Website for more information.

Register Here