Important Student Volunteer Updates
Student volunteer registration has closed and the cancellation deadline has past.
Student volunteer assignments will be sent via email the week of March 25.
Can't find your confirmation? Call customer service 866-229-2386 Monday through Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm ET.
Onsite Registration Rate
Student Volunteers exchange up to five hours of their time at AudiologyNOW! to assist the Academy with booths, educational sessions, and events and in return receive complimentary registration to AudiologyNOW! 2013.
Student Volunteer Requirements
- You must be a current member of the Student Academy of Audiology (SAA). Not a member? Join Now! Please note: it may take up to 72 hours to process your membership request.
- You must register to become an AudiologyNOW! volunteer. This is in addition to submitting a membership application. Your registration must be completed through the final registration step. Your confirmation will be emailed to you and will contain the time you selected to volunteer.
- You must be a student actively enrolled in a graduate program or in a clinical study setting (externship) at the time of AudiologyNOW! 2013 (April 3-6, 2013).
Terms of Acceptance
Time: You must agree to volunteer up to five (5) hours of your time at AudiologyNOW!.
Membership Status: If your membership will not be current at the time of AudiologyNOW! 2013, you must renew your membership on or before December 31, 2012 or you will lose your volunteer status and will be charged the Student Nonmember registration rate of $360.
Plan Travel Accordingly: You will select your volunteer time based upon available slots the day you register. You should plan to arrive early to make it to your volunteer assignment on time. If you fail to make your assignment, you will be responsible for the on-site price of student member registration.
Cancellation Policy: Volunteers who cancel after March 8, 2013 will be responsible for, the on-site price of student member registration. Be considerate of your fellow students who are waiting for a volunteer position to open up and cancel as soon as you know you will not be able to make it.
No-show Policy: Students who do not successfully complete their assignments will be charged for the on-site price of student member registration.
How the Student Volunteer Process works
When and How:
After reviewing Requirements and Terms of Acceptance above to make sure you qualify to become a student volunteer, you will be able to apply online when AudiologyNOW! registration opens on November 1, 2012 at 11am ET.
If you do not receive a timeslot when registration opens, do not panic! Due to the number of cancellations, time slots may become available. In prior years, almost all of those on the waitlist were accommodated.
In the meantime, we recommend that you keep checking the registration site for openings and/or sign up on the waitlist. Please see the section on the Waitlist below. Volunteer times are on a first-come-first served basis. You also always have the option to register as a Student Member.
After you complete all necessary steps of online student volunteer registration, you will automatically be emailed a confirmation. You must complete registration through the last step in order to receive a confirmation email. This email will contain the timeslot you have chosen. If it does not contain any assignment time or date, please forward it to us immediately for assistance. If you have not received an email confirmation letter within twenty-four hours of registering, it is your responsibility to contact Customer Service.
Canceling or Swapping Times:
If you need to cancel, please send an email to Student Volunteers.
Volunteers who cancel after March 8, 2013 will be responsible for, the on-site price of student member registration fee. Be considerate of your fellow students who are waiting for a volunteer position to open up and cancel as soon as you know you will not be able to make it.
If you have a confirmed time slot and would like to switch with a classmate/friend, please contact Student Volunteers and copy the person you would like to swap with to confirm both parties are willing to make the change to their volunteer time.
You cannot pass down your timeslot to someone who does not currently hold a student volunteer position. You must email us with your cancellation so students who have been placed on the waitlist have a chance to pick up a volunteer time.
New this year: Once the timeslots are filled, we will post a link on this page, for students to sign up on the student volunteer waitlist. You must complete the entire form to be placed on the waitlist. Once you are on the waitlist it does not guarantee you an opportunity to volunteer.
We will open the waitlist in segments by date and time received, and send out an email notification with registration instructions.
Also while on the waitlist, make sure your email address is current at all times to ensure we can contact you if a timeslot opens.
Contact us if you would like to be removed from the waitlist.
After we have completed waitlist requests, assignments will be formed based on how many volunteers are needed for each area that the Academy needs assistance.
All volunteers will receive their assignments and details/tips via email prior to AudiologyNOW!. Please check your spam folders prior to contacting us about your emailed assignment.
Your assignment start time is the time you are expected to be at your designated location. It is recommended that you arrive to check-in at the Student Volunteer booth in Academy Central approximately 15 minutes prior to you start time to ensure you are not late to your assignment location.
Monday Assignments: Volunteers can finish their assignment before AudiologyNOW! begins by becoming a bag stuffer. This is recommended for students attending schools near the location of AudiologyNOW! This assignment will occur before the start of AudiologyNOW! and should only be requested if you are able to arrive early. Attire for bag stuffing is casual as you will be on your feet for a while.
Save Money: Can't afford to stay an extra night? A bag check area will be provided at the Anaheim Convention Center for luggage storage if you have checked out of your hotel before you complete your assignment for the day.
The Top 5 User Issues During Registration
- Refresh our website: One common misconception with websites is that they automatically refresh themselves, showing new updates immediately. This is not true for our website! Remember to refresh (or keep refreshing) the webpage at 11:00AM ET to ensure the link for registration appears on your screen.
- You MUST be a member of the National Student Academy of Audiology (SAA): You’re ready to register as a student volunteer, you get to our registration site and there it is; the request for your Academy ID.
You must be a member of National SAA to register as a Student Volunteer. If you are already a member, make sure you renew your membership for 2013; if your membership is not current at the time of AudiologyNOW! 2013, you will lose your volunteer spot.
If you are not a member, you will not be able to register for at least 72 hours as your membership is being processed and uploaded to the registration system. By then most, if not all, of the volunteer slots will be taken. You must submit your completed membership application by October 25 to ensure that you will be a Student Member in time to register as a Student Volunteer.
Questions regarding membership can be sent to our Membership department.
- Complete all steps of registration to the confirmation page: The registration process may take some time to complete, but how will you know when you’re done? You will reach the final step and see your confirmation, which includes a list of any items you have registered for, both free and paid. Please be aware that the registration site WILL ask you for your credit card information, and here’s why: As part of agreeing to be a Student Volunteer, you agree to complete your assignment. We require a credit card in case you fail to complete your assignment. Your card will not be charged unless you fail to complete your student volunteer assignment, in which case you will be charged the onsite Student Member rate of $255.
- Print for proof: Once you have reached the confirmation page, print a copy for your records as you may need it on site. You will also receive an email copy of your confirmation within 24 hours of registering. Sometimes the confirmation emails can get caught in spam/junk folders. Please check your spam mail prior to calling customer service. Please add devmail.expoexchange.com to your safe senders list
- Utilize Customer Service: Customer Service (866.229.2386) will be available Monday – Friday from 9:00AM – 5:00PM ET, to answer any registration or hotel related questions.
Please be aware that the Academy is moving to a new office location in late October so it may be more difficult to reach Academy staff, however, customer service will still be up and running to assist with registration and hotel needs.